Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Blue skies, Cajun shrimp toes


Dec. 23, 2009

The fog has left the Valley…yes! The drippy gray of the fog-shrouded Valley winters can get on my nerves. I put up with it because in my heart the fog and cold balance our glorious March-October unending sunny blue skies -- but it can be freaky to know the sun is shining five or 10 miles from our house while we are “socked in.”

So it is with real joy that Taj and I have enjoyed two days of walks with sparkly blue skies and sun over our heads. The happy boy worked up a sweat of sorts, and had to cool down in a random puddle on Olive Tree Lane, which left him grubby and smelly. A quick trip to PetCo for their doggie $22 bath-only special (no dry) helped; his feet are dirty again because we have to get out and do things – Frisbee games and walks rule in our world.

Yesterday I stopped at the little "Y2K" manicure salon in South Davis for a very reasonable deluxe pedicure that includs a green bath salts leg rub followed by a blue masque, all of which are guaranteed to smooth off flaking winter skin. My finishing touch was “Cajun Shrimp” nail polish on the toes, covered with a gold sparkly finish.

Sun or fog, Taj and I are ready to party!

1 comment:

  1. My toes are that color, too!

    Hope you're having a loving time in the snow and, surrounded by family as we are.

    xxx,
    me

    ReplyDelete