Friday, November 13, 2009

Lucky 13th brings crimson & solar





Nov. 13, 2009 – Friday the 13th

I remember when I was going into labor with Josh on May 12, I said to Alan, “I hope he’s born tonight so his birthday isn’t the 13.”

Alan said, “What’s wrong with the 13th?” and I suddenly remembered his birthday is December 13th. That’s when I started loving the Number 13. I have a thing about numbers and colors and especially birthdays, and Alan’s comment started another thread in my odd brain weavings of families, numbers, dates and colors. Sometimes I even wish Josh HAD been born on the 13th, so everyone in our family would have a Prime Number of their own (mine is 3, Julia’s is 31). And it would have cemented our “3” and “!” number lock.

So I love Friday the 13th. Today was a solar 13th for us – the guys from Yes! Solar Solutions started the installation of our photovoltaic system on the roof of our house that will help us be energy independent. Our little 2.8 kW (4 hp) “solar system” will produce all of our electric energy for most months out of the year.

One the way to and from Pilates today I got a good look at the flaming leaves of autumn. Beautiful pepper trees on the bike path have burst into crimson.

Photos: Friday the 13th crimson; Solar dog & Frisbee help the Yes! guys.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, maybe one of the reasons we connect is that my birthday is also on the 3rd? Different month perhaps but for sure different year. Love your musings.

    ReplyDelete