Monday, July 13, 2009

Whip lash

Alan's got a pattern. He's almost home and calls to tell me he's at Longs Drug Store picking up a prescription that isn't ready yet.

Asks if I need anything.

When I say 'no' and get ready to sign-off he begins.

"I was waiting on the off-ramp at Russell..."

"Oy, did someone rear-end you?"

"Yes."

"Are you OK?"

"I was kinda rattled when it happened, but I think I'm OK. I'll call it in while I'm waiting for the prescription."

"Oh, honey. Is your neck sore? You need some massage treatments. How about that terrific woman who's also a physical therapist?"

"Yeah, that sounds good. We have to go through the insurance stuff...May as well call it in."


We'll need some of that peaceful Davis summer heat to soothe and calm. And a good dinner...

2 comments:

  1. I lof you.
    And you are an amazing writer.
    (I say that like it's a surprise, and yet I knew that already!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. xxx Thanks my bonnie girl. You're fine yourself;>)

    ReplyDelete